Monday, March 30, 2009

Working from home

I have worked from home most of my adult life, with a short 3 year time I went out to an office to work. My husband complimented me the other day on being a self motivator. I was taken back because I had never thought about it.

I have however, thought about why in the day of teleconferencing, videoconferences, email, etc., why do we still have so many office buildings full of people working under strips of florescent lights. In the day of being "GREEN" how come we don't look at the amount of energy these millions of office buildings use? Not to mention the amount of gas used to get to those offices.

But the compliment my husband gave me might just be the answer .... maybe not everyone can get up and just work at home, maybe they need a motivator? I wonder ......

No comments: